• Sanitary Inspection Survey of about 3500
water sources is to be carried out (which
includes water quality testing, GPS
coordinates, site plans, pictures and BOQs of
civil works for source improvement, if
• Hygiene Promotion, Training on O & M and
house hold level water treatment is to be
carried out in 1700 villages
• About 3500 masons are to be trained on
installing of Rain Water Harvesting systems on
• 12000 community volunteers to be trained for
water supply management (O&M, Financial, WQ
Total estimated cost is US$ 5,642,300. (44%)
from the RNE, (9%) from UNICEF and rest (47%)
to be borne by
ERRA (already part of strategy).
• UNICEF was requested to float RFPs from
reputed Agencies / Organizations / NGOs /
INGOs for Sanitary Inspection
Hygiene promotion components. RFPs received
• Work awarded to 3-qualified Contractors for
Sanitary Inspection Survey of 1600 schemes.
More than 600 water
supply schemes have been
surveyed so far. Regular review sessions are
being held with active participation of
implementing partners and line agencies. The
activity is targeted to be completed by
31 August 2009.
• Work awarded to 6 implementing partners for
Hygiene promotion component. The work will be
started by mid July
2009. A joint orientation
session with all partners is planned to be
held at ERRA on 15th July 2009.
• Two Orientation Workshops have been held at NWFP and AJK for concerned staff of Line
Agencies / SERRA /
PERRA / DRUs.
• As per plan all activities are to be
completed by June 2010